THE PRINCIPAL DUTIES OF THE COMMISSION
- Examine, audit and settle all accounts pertaining to the revenue and receipts of, and expenditures or uses of funds and property owned or held in trust by, or pertaining to, the government.
- Promulgate accounting and auditing rules and regulations including those for the prevention and disallowance of irregular, unnecessary, excessive, extravagant or unconscionable expenditures, or uses of government funds and properties.
- Submit annual reports to the President and the Congress on the financial condition and operation of the government.
- Recommend measures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of government operations.
- Keep the general accounts of government and preserve the vouchers and supporting papers pertaining thereto.
- Decide any case brought before it within 60 days.
- Performs such other duties and functions as may be provided by law.
(Article IX-D of the 1987 Philippine Constitution)